11 years – as crazy as it sounds but I have been blogging now for 132 months, which is around 4015 days, and this is my 4559th post which means I wrote at least one per day. I am thankful, Sandra’s Closet has taken me on the craziest, busiest but most amazing ride in my life.
To honor the occasion, I thought I would share 10 fashionable fun facts about me that you might not know yet.
1. I went to a Catholic girl’s school and took my teachers shopping on class trips. In Rome for example, they bought the Moschino logo belt that has gone into style a few years ago again. Speaking of great investments.
2. Before my fashion design studies at ESMOD, I studied law. During an internship at court, I worked with the customs agents at Frankfurt airport and was really good in spotting counterfeits.
3. My first foray into working in fashion was an internship at Sonia Rykiel in Paris where I worked alongside the late designer. A very challenging yet unforgettable experience. I designed bags and T-shirts that were actually produced and have a proud spot in my closet.
4. Preferring to write about and style fashion, I started as a booking assistant at German Marie Claire magazine after my studies, and worked myself up pretty fast to fashion editor.
5. Before mytheresa.com was an online shopping platform, I created catalogs for them, the concept, layout and text.
6. Speaking of which, my favorite thing about blogging is the graphic design part, as you can see in my collages. My techniques are primarily self-taught which makes me proud. I also love drawing.
7. I was named among the most influential German fashion people in the coffee table book «Fashion Germany» along Claudia Schiffer, Peter Lindbergh, Jil Sander and many more…
8. I have started my fashion collection at the age of 16 and have kept everything. Every piece has its story and I always remember where I got or wore it.
9. I haven’t been without nail polish, both on my fingers or toes, since I am a teenager. Not one single day!
10. I have lived in Frankfurt, Munich, Paris, Singapore, Hong Kong, Chicago before Zurich and my biggest dream is to open a fashion museum with my collection.
I hope you have enjoyed this little insight about my life before starting the blog.
Photos: © David Biedert Photography