Did you know that exposure to blue light at night can disrupt your natural rhythm of sleep and skin repair? ESTÉE LAUDER talked with a thousand women in the U.S. to learn about their skin concerns, and here’s what they said (based on a survey of 1,003 women).
– 94% of women in the U.S. believe lack of sleep negatively impacts the look of their skin.
– 92% believe exposure to environmental assaults negatively impacts the look of their skin.
However, there is a new cause of skin aging that women don’t know nearly as much about. It’s called Blue Light Pollution.
While women don’t know as much about blue light pollution or its impact on skin, they should. They may be exposed to blue light pollution at night, which can impact the look of skin.
– Over 3/4 of women in the U.S. sleep with a device within reach.
– Over 2/3 say that looking at their device is the last thing they do before going to sleep.
What is blue light?
Blue light is the highest energy wavelength of visible light, from 380-500nm on the spectrum. Blue light waves actually penetrate skin more deeply than UVA or UVB rays.
Where does blue light come from?
In today’s modern world, blue light is all around us. It comes from natural sunlight, but also from devices like computers, televisions, tablets and cell phones, streetlights and the energy-efficient lights in your home.
How does blue light affect us?
Exposure to blue light in the morning is vital to «wake us up.» It helps boost alertness, memory, cognitive function and mood.
At night, it’s a different story. Exposure to blue light in the evening can trick your body into thinking it is still daytime—disrupting your circadian rhythm, impacting natural melatonin production and affecting sleep.
Advanced Night Repair Eye Supercharged Complex Synchronized Recovery
In a major breakthrough, Estée Lauder Research has proven that blue light can negatively impact skin’s natural repair processes.
The American beauty brand’s testing showed for the first time that even just 30 minutes of nighttime blue light exposure can have a dramatic impact on skin’s natural circadian rhythm. This leads to a weakening of skin’s natural nighttime repair—and multiple negative effects for skin. Therefore the iconic Advanced Night Repair Eye, that belongs to my daily beauty musts as my first step in my eye routine, becomes a supercharged treatment – now with 10X Concentrated Repair Technology – that helps repair the visible impact of lack of sleep, UV, pollution, even blue light. It’s proven to reveal a bright, hydrated, visibly revived look with comprehensive benefits for the eye area:
- REPAIRS Dramatically reduces the look of every key sign of eye aging, including puffiness, lines and dryness.
- BRIGHTENS DARK CIRCLES in just 3 weeks.
- HYDRATES for 24 hours thanks to a potent hydration booster, including Hyaluronic Acid.
- PREVENTS free radical damage with 8-hour anti-oxidant power—part of our multi-action anti-pollution defense technology.
- Includes the brand’s exclusive ChronoluxCB™ to help promote skin’s natural repair process, which is vital for eyes that look younger, renewed and recharged. The lightweight gel cream texture absorbs quickly, leaves skin feeling soft and silky.
Apply AM and PM to clean skin around eye area as your first step.
In Switzerland available for CHF 86.00 (15ml).
TO SHOP ESTÉE LAUDER ONLINE, CLICK HERE PLEASE.
Don’t forget – the sparkle of youth is in your eyes.
Photos: Courtesy of Estée Lauder